Friday, 3 April 2009

D is for Doornobs, departure port, deep sea, disprin and Devonport


So – this is Devonport – Rooke Street Mall to be presice

The town where the boat comes in and the tourists disperse in all directions but people who stay swear by it.
Today went quickly between rain showers and was filled with picturesque visits from folks from all corners of the district.

I learnt a few new words – Freckles – that’s these lolly-covered chocolates (they should be called Pimples) from Theresa in Devonport Discount Meats who brought me the freckles and cheese on toast. I was feeling smug and sated, when suddenly I got an image of those cows sitting in a field going ‘hey this is great, food brought to us every day, everyone is nice to us, what could possibly go wrong here?’… thankfully I reckon the locals here has slightly better intentions. This is Theresa...

And this is freckles

A couple of notable locals dropped by with stories of local elections, education systems and this guy who recently moved into a unit for $80 a fortnight – now that’s what I call a good deal.




Serenity is only a beer away.



And below is someone I met this afternoon and I can't remember her name damnit – she has a model house built by a couple (apparently the couple almost broke up making it, there was so much to disagree about). So, she bought it off them and decided to redecorate it over about 3 months until it was exactly how she wanted it. I wonder if she ever took it back to the original owners (who based it on their own house) to see what they thought. I hope the rest of the city gets a chance to see it too one day.


This afternoon I went down to Latrobe and found a whole street of heritage streets… interesting stuff.