Monday, 6 July 2009

Doetinchem and red-heads

Is it the sunshine, is it the bronze stone of the church, is there a highly developed appreciation of carrots or is there a lot of red-heads in Doetinchem? Being a bit of a ginga myself I could appreciate the aesthetic.


It was a busy busy day in Doetinchem, the sun was out and determined to scorch everything in it's path so I found a nice bunch of trees on the town square to nestle under. It appears that it was the perfect location for finding people of the shorter variety who appeared in all windows all day.
Half way through the day my friend Femke from Groningen who is traveling with me at the moment, came into the house. She is a native Dutch speaker and had a nice time talking to a bunch of people. She also managed to take some great pictures.



Meanwhile I was able to observe the goings on and managed to get these photos of the church. It was a weird sensation to be outside my own house looking in, like being a visitor in your own town.