Saturday, 4 July 2009

an evening of portraits


When the night comes, the air cools slightly and with it comes the pleasant buzz of festival goers and earwigs. The earwigs don't wait for an invitation, they come in through the windows, the doors, through the grass... luckily there is room for all of us

A night of portraiture.
And some portraits of my own, this is Bart.
And this is Anniko and Tom, they brought their brother and sister (respectively) along too, so by the end of it we were living like the Brady Bunch (if you were born before 1985 you might need to look that up on imdb.com - it's an American TV show)
And here is Celine who has already been around the world several times, a seasoned traveller. Her folks took her traveling in a boat from a young age so she is able to confirm that the earth is flat, otherwise she would never have made it back home. Her arm in a sling however is confirmation that no matter how far you travel you don't always know what's going to jump out in front of you.
And here is a portrait of fresh sun-burn. She spent all day on the beach and by the end of the day she was competing with the lighthouse for glowing heat.

Ok I gotta apologise for this as a portrait but these guys were great and approximately 240 percent more goodlooking than the Yeti family portrait that the wind and I managed to take here.

I dunno who wrote this, but if he's still on the dijk, someone throw him a stick of bread before he slips into the ocean.


The best offer of (yesterday) evening from Else. I don't know what kind of holiday she had in mind but I hope she enjoys yoga.

The painting on the right (the green one) I bought at a local gallery, they have a bunch of hand-made paintings made onto postcard sized pieces of wood. I really like this one but when it came down to it I didn't want to give it away. I don't know who the artist is but I like their style.