Monday, 21 September 2009

AAAAAAAAAAAAALST

Aalst is between Brussels and Gent and is yet another one of those charming Belgian cities. I was only here for one day, so no return guests but plenty of curiosity. Josh asked me the other day if I got on with kids. It was a strange question because I realised I didn't get on with kids, I get on with people who are interesting or who are interested in the world and sometimes they are adults and sometimes they are kids.

Well here is someone I got on with. She even helped us pack up at the end. It's funny isn't how you get along with people sometimes, I know people will think I'm a hippie flake for saying it, but I think it just comes down to a certain energy. When you relate to someone's energy then you are immediately responsive to them.
She took a photo of me too - which was only fair I thought.
I think I need a haircut.
Got some nice pictures today too. I like collecting pictures of this house, not because I'm narcissistic (though I may be) but because every picture is surely a picture of the person who drew it, just like a photo is equally about the person who took it.