Thursday, 18 June 2009

Wee ones at Westerkeyn


Westerkeyn was awash children yesterday, from every corner of the island. They came in waves. Amongst the bubbling surf were a few familiar faces from the past few days, a few new ones and more still that I am yet to meet properly.

This guy - he must have been only 3 or 4 was a natural on the piano, honestly. He must have listened to a lot of Ray Charles in the womb or something because he definitely had a feel for it.

This is him in concert.

Say hello to Shanti and Jade. Shanti (on the right) spent 7 months in New Zealand a few years ago so felt right at home next to the wooden house. Jade, from what I understand, is the result of that NZ adventure so I felt we had something in common.

These are the politicians of the future, getting down with their people, listening to their concerns even when they may not understand the language, and making sure they are involved.

And this is tomorrow's Jim Morrison, he's got it going on with the ladies, he's got it going on with the beads. Yeah just hanging.

These guys played me at a card game (last card) complicated by the fact that my cards were a bit irregular and I didn't seem to know all the rules, I think that may have given them an advantage cos they managed to beat me pretty convincingly.

And finally, this is view of Westerkeyn where people do as they want on a warm June morning, sitting back listening to music, browsing through articles about last night's performance that they did or didn't see and sipping on a cool drink. Proost!