Sunday, 31 August 2008

A great way to go out


The Leaning Tower of Piza and the Dissociated Membral Tower of Stephen's House. I am honoured to be on the same page, I wonder if I could sell as many post-cards though.

And now for the 'Just Because I Can' page, here are a whole bunch of photos from my last day in the park. It was sunny out but thankfully cooler inside. It is my last day with the house in Europe, so the fact that the weather was smiling for me seems like a good omen.
4500 km, four festivals and more faces than you could meet at world year-book convention.



This is great Annika, I like this a lot, it's going to find it's way onto my wall somehow, somewhere....



The exclaimation points tell it all. I think we got there in the end but there was a fair amount of unoffical sign language going on.





More festival folk from the ticket kiosk. They had a light day yesterday apparently due to the fact that everything was sold out. Can't do better than that!

And once more Ghert-Jam, quickly someone put this guy in a movie, I reckon his is made for it.








Some Dutch words are easier to pick out than others.





Meet Goina, she has been living in New Zealand for the past 18 years but comes from Groningen, or nearby. She arrived with gifts! Thanks so much! A Peanut slab (you have to be local to understand the subtleties of this delight). She also gifted me a bone carving which it turns out she sells online on aotearoa.co.nz -

And then there was...

Don't want to go on about it too much, but this was a great day particularly due to the good luck of a certain event. It even hit the papers... to cut a long story short there was a break in, not my house the house housing my computer (where I do the blogs). Someone clearly wanted a preview of my photo collection before I edited them onto the blog. Turns out the Police had a differnt idea and through a weird chain of events the computer was returned to me without harm.
So now I'm less that-guy-in-the-little-house and more that-guy-who-had-his-computer-stolen... well no more, so Groningen has redeemed itself completely.



And the sun went down in Groningen for the last time for me. I hope we'll meet again soon.

Oh really?