Tuesday, 14 August 2007

Day Nine - top of high street



So this gal just so happens to work for the Save Happy Valley campaign and she must be doing something right because they’ve managed to keep the place from destruction for the past three years. She also told me that the Christchurch city council are about to rip out the fountain at the top of the mall where all the teenagers hang out. So according to her, the reason they’re doing that is because they want to run the teenagers out of town. Sounds a credible explanation, so I resolved to come back another day and see how it goes.


Spider boy



These are the teenagers they’re apparently trying to get rid of. Ooooooooo danger danger…



Like the purple dragon? Not sure who put that in the window but the head has been ripped off.



Two guys called Dave in one photo.



Secrets revealed. The rain came down so I high tailed it back to the Art Gallery, actually it was ok for me but I noticed that people were kneeling down to talk to me and getting wet. Those lines on the sidewalk are apparently where they’re going to be ripping up the tiles to do whatever they’re doing to the mall.